Sometimes SEO becomes too complicated for the mortal man, and he has to hire a special agency in order to help him. Let’s face it, search engine optimization is a vast subject, and not everyone can deal with all the problems that might appear along the way. Keyword research, title and meta-tags optimization, content writing and link-building are only a small part of SEO. When you feel like things are too much for you to handle, it is time to hire a SEO agency.
With so many agencies available online, it can be difficult to decide which one to choose. Here are a few things that will help you hire the perfect one for your campaign, and a few tips on how to maintain a good relationship with your newly found partners.
1. Questions You Should Ask Yourself
- Have you decided what your budget will be? As far as SEO is concerned, you get what you paid for, so if you want cheap, you will receive cheap. There is a reason why SEO specialists ask for certain prices, and if you think that they are too high, you can always ask them to explain the processes involved. The truth is, that certain agencies use unethical tactics to quickly obtain results, but this means that you might be hit by the time the next Penguin is released.
- How do I negotiate the contract? Search engine optimization is a long and arduous process which will bear fruit only after 8-12 weeks. In the case that things don’t go the way you planned, make sure to create a 30-day out clause, so that you are covered. Also, if you want the full attention of the team, you can ask them to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- How do I find the Top Agencies that fit Into My Budget? The number of digital agencies is immense, so don’t believe all the mails you receive about the best agencies and so on. The best way to narrow down your searches is by asking other business owners for advice, visiting local professional conventions and reading reputable blogs related to SEO.
2. How to Maintain a Good Relationship
SEO is the type of industry that requires a lot of communication in order to achieve maximum success. Obviously, you don’t want to harass your new partners, but try to talk to them as much as possible. First of all you should create a very clear list of what you want and how you want it. Secondly, make sure that you share weekly reports on your SEO performance to remain informed, and take part in weekly calls with your agency’s representatives.
Set Clear Goals from the very beginnings and make sure you stick to them. Nevertheless, try not to set unreachable targets, because you will be disappointed. As I mentioned before, SEO is a tricky field, and results might fail to come when you expect them to. This doesn’t mean that they won’t come.
As far as strategizing is concerned, try to make a three month strategy which will map out your entire efforts. Also, once every month, make sure that you discuss both positive and negative achievements of the month. In the end, it is all about communication, data analysis and dedication.