7 Hottest PHP Frameworks of 2015
App development is always complicated and time consuming. But luckily, there are some fantastic PHP frameworks out there that can turn app development into a matter of hours. Lezgro.com JS and PHP developers have compiled a list of 7 hottest PHP frameworks of 2015 and some of their best features:
- Symfony 2
Symfony is a truly great PHP framework – a huge fan community and over 1 million downloads till date speak for themselves.
- the most stable and adaptable 3-in-1 framework;
- packed with “Dependency Injector” and “Even Dispatcher” which make Symfony entirely configurable;
- highly customized;
- offers an extensive documentation.
Phalcon is among some of the fastest PHP frameworks.
- steep learning curve;
- little overhead (in comparison with other frameworks);
- easy to use ORM;
- excellent security;
- universal auto-loader;
- intuitive API;
- allows software developers to use the whole framework or just individual objects.
Yii is a kind of framework that lets you focus of the beauty of your code while doing tons of work “behind the scenes”.
- unmatched caching system which loads web apps with incredible speed;
- top-notch security;
- gives excellent support for writing and running unit and functionality tests;
- offers clear, extensive, and systematic documentation;
- works well with third-party code.
Laravel is a brilliant PHP Framework packed with tons of great features. Built with the help of several Symfony components, Laravel gives your web app a solid base of reliable and well-tested code.
- RESTful routing;
- lightweight templating engine;
- readable syntax;
- stunning ORM called Eloquent;
- large community;
- incredible versatility – you can build anything from a small website to a giant application using Laravel.
Zend is believed to be one of the most popular PHP frameworks for creating high-performing web apps.
- beautifully designed workflows and API centric apps that deploy with incredible speed;
- state-of-the-art cloud support;
- fantastic streamlining and automation;
- online unit testing and instant debugging tools;
- booming community.
If you are searching for a simple yet sophisticated toolset for building visually impressive and feature-rich web apps, Codeigniter is what you need.
- clear documentation;
- nearly zero configuration;
- compatible with standard hosting;
- no restrictive coding rules;
- no template language needed;
- great for beginners;
- solid maintenance.
- CakePHP 3.0
CakePHP 3.0 is loaded with some fantastic features including enhanced session management, improved components and helpers, enhanced consistency of conventions, ORM improvements, and so much more!
- no complex XML/YAML file configs for database setup;
- neat code generation and scaffolding for rapid prototype building;
- ideal for commercial apps;
- decent security.