Best event management software offers various solutions for organizing your events. And different software offers different services. But then, all software covers a few basic functionalities, which include functions like registration, notifying the user, floor planning, scheduling, analytics, and user feedback.
The system offers you the convenience to centralize the data of all the activities included in event management. This makes processes like check-ins and payments go smoothly.
Issues faced during Event management
Now before proceeding further on what Event Management Software you need, let’s see the reasons as to why should you be using one.
As per a study, 41%of business professionals decide to visit any event because it presents them with the opportunity to network at the event.
Also, 67% of entry-level job seekers consider face to face networking more valuable than any other method. This how vital networking is at a particular event.
It is indeed a responsible task to approve or reject entry to the event while registrations are on.
Besides that, setting up a meeting with a particular individual is not just that easy. You have to make follow-ups. You will have to set a time that’s convenient for both of you. Sometimes the timing is changed at the last moment. Plus, you may have to organize notes so that nothing important slips through.
This is where EMS helps. Being a centralized system, everyone can see the changes made. This way, every person involved will be in the loop, and the flow of information will be maintained uniformly.
Attendees spilling over
This is a kind of situation that no one prepares for but unfortunately happens. It doesn’t matter whether your registrations happened via tickets on a booking platform or by registration forms; this kind of situation can happen.
In a worst-case scenario, your event has begun; everyone is excited to be a part of it, all the activities are eye-catching, but suddenly your guests find themselves struggling to get a chair to sit. It can also happen that they fail to take part in any activity due to overcapacity.
One of the ways to avoid this is by monitoring every platform that you have broadcasted on about your event. This way, by keeping a close tab, you can easily prepare a threshold count of how many maximum guests will attend your event.
Not having a properly structured event management plan
Planning which activities to include in the event can be a tough task. Still, tougher is organizing activities in such a way that each activity gets the desired results. Event management software can do just this for you, as its functionalities can be arranged as per your priority, and you can easily monitor everything from one place.
Types of EMS
All-in-one event management software solution
All in one system offers every solution that you will need when planning your event. The software takes care of the pre-event,in-event, and post-event requirements.
It’s functions are listed below:
- Event registration and mobile check-ins
- Event expenses
- Budget handling
- Vendors management
- Post-event follow-ups
One solutions platform for EMS
This type of platform brings together separate small modules, which then form a single system. Here you have the independence of choosing only those functions that you require the most. This way, you can save a lot. All in one platform doesn’t provide this kind of freedom.
Event Scheduler: Using this module can free you from doing manual tasks like changing the schedule of a meeting and reprioritizing tasks. The visitor can themselves see the timings on the dashboard, pay for the entry fees, and can even make changes in their scheduled meeting time.
Web conferencing: This category of modules has limited applications only. As an administrator, it can be embedded in your system for foreseeable future use or can only be used when you are about to host an online event such as a webinar.
Polling apps: A survey is a great way to collect feedback from your visitors so you can implement them in your next and achieve even better results. The polling can engage your users while also provide you with valuable inputs about your products or services.
Ticketing platform: Ticketing provides you with the functionality of selling tickets online. The user can also customize the arrangements like sitting place, number of members coming, and many more.
1.The event registration tool helps in processing registration activityor ticket sales. Before this, the organizer had to find a provider specializing in this type of service, who may be good at handling small scale events, but fail to scale it when required.
- Management of datagenerated during various activities like user registration, polling during different operations, and surveys can be utilized later for improving your next event.
- EMS provides reporting and analytics, which you can use to see the number of visitors present in your event and also what kind of activities they are attending, which will give you their interests.
- Attendee engagement appoffers visitors an experience where they can feel as a part of the event.
- EMS also provides you easy time management. Organizing an event can be difficult, but once you set up the time for different activities, your most time-consuming task is over.
- Marketingis vital as it can help you reach your potential clients by doing proper marketing. Every EMS must have this feature as organizers don’t have to depend on 3rd party tools
Best EMS software available today
- Planning Pod is all-in-one EMS software to plan and promote your event.
- Eventbrite is the most popular and largest ticketing platform in the world. It provides only ticketing functionality.
- Social Tables is for venue booking and designing floor plans for your event.
- Event Guru for small businesses looking for affordable and simple event management system
- Splash is to make event communication more customized.