Small business owners must owners must make their online business presence through a website to achieve success. However, building just a website will not will not help customers find your small business. You need to follow certain techniques to boost your site rankings on search engines and be noticed by customers. The following are five ways to help customers find your small business.
1. SEO or search engine optimization- Search engine optimization or SEO is the most important things all the small business owners must do to their website to increase their traffic. SEO is technique employed, to use keywords strategically in your website content, to make sure that people find your website whenever they search for something on search engines. Keywords are simply words or phrases people type for searching information. It is important that you place all the right keywords, relevant to your site in the content you post on your site. This will help people in identifying your site as a destination for what they are interested in searching. However, you should not overuse the keyword to attract customers or your site will be penalized.
- Optimizing your website for mobile users – Many people these days use their smart phones to access their internet to find local businesses. Mobile searching has become fast and easy with the proliferation of smart phone and tablets. Therefore, more number of people are accessing small business websites through their mobile gadgets while they are on the go. Therefore, you must make your site mobile-friendly, that is it should be easy to access and navigate by mobile users or you will miss business.
3. Use Social networking sites – Website is in indicator of your online presence and social networking sites will provide a lot of traffic to your site. Therefore, blend your social networking sites with the marketing channels like your website. This is one of the best ways to help new customers find your small business and strengthen your relationships with old customers too. However, different businesses need different approaches to improve your business with social media. It would be ideal if you check which social network will best suit your business. Pinterest, would be great to attract a lot of traffic to your site and to keep your customers engaged and build your brand, Facebook is the best.
4. Set profile on local review sites– Many small business owners miss the opportunity of attracting new customers by not setting up profile on the local review sites. Customers usually search the web to find local services and use local review sites like Yahoo. Customers consider what you have to say about your business and like to read about what other people are saying about your business. The reviews will greatly affect your small business, as people would love to visit your site when they read positive reviews about your site from real people. You can also ask people what things they expect from your site and how you can improve your business. This will help you find new customers and improve your business too.
5. Provide your contact information– Many business owners commit the mistake of not including their contact info on their websites. You must provide your contact info, such as address, phone number and email address on each page of your website. It is best to place this info on the top of your website. If you have certain business hours, then make sure you mention that piece of info too where you provide your contact info.