Web Design is an art. The proof to this fact is the beautiful websites available out there. Web designers need to consider many factors when creating a beautiful web design from scratch. A website should be visually appealing and have a beautiful design and for this a web designer must be aware of many things before a shape is given to website. Here are some tips for web designers to create beautiful web designs.
- Be inspired. You should never start a project especially web designing without any inspirations. You need many sources or techniques to be inspired from. If you are unsure of finding proper inspiration you can check sites like Dribble, Behance etc. Inspiration is necessary as it will help you think out of the box. Note down any ideas that spring up in your mind and avoid being judgmental. Start the project with a broad mind and view it from various angles. You can collect ideas from friends, colleagues and family. If you have some common concepts in mind then you can make them special by giving them a creative twist.
- . Take expert help. Web designing is not a simple task. To create beautiful web designs you need to have good information structure, engage the user, search engine optimize your site etc. it is not expected of any single person to be a pro in all these fields. So take the help or opinions of experts in each of these fields and make sure you gather as much information as possible to lay a good foundation for your web design.
- Know Your Target Group. One other important thing you need to keep in mind before start web designing is to know your target group. People visit a website with certain goals and as a web designer you must understand these goals and design accordingly. A web designer must have knowledge about what kind of people are going to visit the site and in which situations, and how these people are going to use the web and what are their expectations of your design. When you know who you are designing for you will be able to create a beautiful web design.
- Functionality should be your top Priority. The first thing that should come to your mind when designing a web, is its “functionality” and no the look. You have to first know what features people will look for and where they expect to find them. For creating a beautiful web design and a website that will be used well, web designers have to understand the purpose of the design. You need to have an idea on how to use visual elements to support your functionality to guide your users. You cannot create a beautiful web design if you have no idea of what features important and what people look for in your website.
- Gather Feedback. Just like how you take the opinions and advice of friends and experts before you start designing a website, you should ask them for feedback on your web design. After you complete a web design, though you like it or not, show it to your friends, colleagues and experts or mentors and ask them for their opinion. It is only natural to like one’s own design but others might not share the same opinion. So, to get the real idea of how it looks ask for feedback and remember that you should be open for criticism.You should ask for honest opinions and feedback that will help you in creating a beautiful web design.