There is more to enjoying the work you do, its environment and locations, and that is the pay. After all, we work to be paid. Choosing the right careers will help us increase our earning capacity. Here are the 10 best paying jobs in the world:
- CEO-Chief executive officer is a main person in any company and he/she is handsomely paid for the job. They make millions of dollars per annum and the company’s profits largely depend on the decisions of this job holder and it is for this reason that CEO’s are one of the best paying jobs in the world. If you already have your MBA, maybe it is time to go for that PhD in business to help you stand out from the crowd and advance your career.
- Psychiatrists- Psychiatrist is a doctor and a psychologist and is the person who we consult when we are disturbed or stressed out. They earn around 180 grand per year. For the two duties they perform it makes sense they earn so high.
- General physicians- The general physicians and family doctors take home a handsome pay. The average salary for a family or a general physician is around 180 grand per year and sometimes even more. Passing medical school is a tough job, but the heavy paycheck is worth it.
- Surgeons- After surgeons pass the MCAT, they will spend more time than the regular physicians in medical school and hence they earn more than the other doctors.The type of surgeon also matters in your paycheck. On an average a surgeon gets $184, 820 per annum.
5. Orthodontists- This are dentists who specialize in braces. Braces are big deals and so they take home a huge salary. Just like a beautiful set of teeth the orthodontist’s salary is beautiful too around $186,320 per year
6. Maxillofacial surgeons- No doubt these surgeons take home a pay check of more than $216,400 per year on an average as these surgeons need a lot of training and skill to handle the face so delicately to treat it because of trauma.
7. OBG/GYN- Obstetricians and gynecologists take care of the gynecological problems and also deliver babies. There specialist doctors take home an average of $216,750 per year.
8. Anesthesiologists- These are physicians who administer anesthetics prior to, during and after the surgery or during other medical procedures. The jobs needs a lot of skill as a wrong dose can put the patient in coma and so the anesthesiologists are so highly paid.
9. Engineers- These professionals are responsible for technological They take care of finding cheap sources of energy, city planning, building designing etc. Just as a society cannot do without a doctor, so it cannot without an engineer. This makes their job one of the best paid.
10. Air traffic controller- Air traffic controllers definitely make the list of best paying jobs. They earn accreditation from the FAA academy to perform this job. It takes a lot of skill to perform this job and hence they are paid handsomely.
Seven out of the ten jobs that are highly paid belong to the medical field. But there are others too that take an equally good paycheck.